The Hive Beach Café Staff get Charity Fundraising in 2012 off to a great start.
The staff of the Hive Beach Cafe have raised nearly £1500 for Charity over the Christmas period. Through a number of different activities, money has been raised for the Weldmar Hospice and MacMillan Cancer Support.
Late in 2011, Bill Attrill, father of Steve Attrill who owns the Hive, passed away. As Bill had been diagnosed with cancer, we decided to nominate Macmillan Cancer Support as our preferred charity for 2012. The family asked for donations to be made at the funeral, instead of sending flowers. Nearly £300 was donated and the family would like to thank everyone who gave so generously.
In addition, one of our staff members, Jenny George, lost her Mum to cancer earlier in 2011 and her friends and family are aiming to raise £10,000 for 3 nominated charities this year. Links for these are provided below.
Over the Christmas period the following activities were run:
• Cocktails were sold at the Staff Christmas Party, raising £280, with proceeds to Weldmar
• Cocktails were offered on Boxing Day & New Years Day to customers, raising £330 with proceeds to Macmillan
• Games in the café : ‘Balance a £1 coin on a floating lemon’ raised £150, with proceeds to Macmillan.
• Profits from the sale of our 2012 Calendar raised £450, with proceeds to Macmillan.
The 3 Challenges undertaken by Jenny & her family are as follows:
• Jenny will be ‘running’ the 3 Peaks Challenge, joined by Barry, one of our chefs. In support of Weldmar Hospice Trust. Click here to make a donation and support Jen and Barry. (http://www.justgiving.com/climbingjenny)
• Sarah will be swimming the English Chanel, in support of Breakthrough Breast Cancer. Click here to support Sarah. (http://www.justgiving.com/swimmingqueenie)
• Kim be running the Edinburgh Marathon in support of Macmillan Cancer Support. Click here to go to Kim’s Just Giving page to make a donation. (http://www.justgiving.com/runningkimmy)
In addition, later this year, Steve’s wife Debbie will be running the Bath Half Marathon, again supporting Macmillan. Click here to support Debs.
Phew! If that doesn’t inspire you to get out and do your own bit, then please support us with our fundraising this year.